Flu Vaccinations 2022
This year's flu vaccination programme will be launched. The surgery will be running a Flu Clinic on Saturday the 1st of October. All eligible patients will receive an invitation via SMS, telephone or letter.
If you think you are at risk and qualify for a free flu vaccine but haven't received an invitation, please telephone the practice and a member of the practice team will check this for you.
The clinics are on an appointment only basis. If you cannot attend the appointment time you have been given, please call us ASAP so we can reallocate you.
We would like to thank you for supporting your GP Practice during the Flu Vaccination season.
The national influenza immunisation programme aims to provide direct protection to those who are at higher risk of influenza associated morbidity and mortality. Groups eligible for influenza vaccination are based on the advice of the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) and include older people, pregnant women, and those with certain underlying medical conditions.
- aged 2 and 3 years on 31 August 2022
- school aged children (all primary school aged children (reception year to year 6) and eligible secondary school aged children)
- those aged 6 months to under 50 years in clinical risk groups
- pregnant women
- 50 to 64 year olds - contact us after the 15th of October
- all those aged 65 years and over
- those in long-stay residential care homes
- carers / in receipt of carer’s allowance / or main carer of an older or disabled person
- close contacts of immunocompromised individuals
- frontline health and social care staff