Thursday, 17 November 2022
The role of primary care in safeguarding at this time is to continue to recognise when children/adults/families are struggling or potentially suffering abuse or neglect, signpost to resources which can help, refer to other agencies as available and appropriate and support vulnerable patients were possible.
Please see the below list of resources which you may find helpful.
- National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247 - https://www.nationaldahelpline.org.uk/
- NSPCC helpline: 0808 800 5000 - If you're worried about a child, even if you're unsure, contact NSPCC professional counsellors for help, advice and support.
- Childline 0800 1111: Offers free, confidential advice and support for any child 18 years or under, whatever the worry.
- MIND: Mental Health Support with specific advice on ‘Coronavirus and your wellbeing’. www.mind.org.uk
- YoungMinds: Supporting children and young people and their parents/carers with their mental health and wellbeing. Specific advice on managing self-isolation and anxiety about coronavirus. https://youngminds.org.uk
- ICON: Babies cry: You can cope. http://iconcope.org/
- SafeLives: Specific resources for domestic abuse and COVID. http://safelives.org.uk/news-views/domesticabuse-and-covid-19
- IRISi interventions: irisi.org/iris/find-your-local-iris-site/